Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jewelry by Alanna Bess


Turquoise Circle Cuff

As I browsed through today's sales on HauteLook... I just couldn't resist posting something about this designer! I mean her name is ALANNA with 2 n's like me!

After a life-changing trip to Italy, Alanna Bess created a line of jewelry inspired by things she enjoys wearing herself. With an array of accessories like wooden beaded bracelets, thick gold embellished cuffs, and necklaces adorned with everything from hamsahs to peace and zodiac signs, her jewelry line is ethnic, diverse and appealing to a wide demographic of shoppers. Many of her statement pieces incorporate the use of semi-precious stones (turquoise, topaz, garnet) with hammered gold and silver toned hoops.

I love love love accessories. I love to browse, love to buy and recently...Even love to create jewelry! So I must admit I was just a little disappointed with my fellow name-bearer's collection. :( Her designs are beautiful, clean designs all of which are very wearable, but there was nothing I saw that was spectacularly original. Then again, who am I to judge? Alanna Bess was picked up by Henri Bendel and has frequent trunk shows at the high-end department store. As for press coverage, celebrities like Rihanna and Anne Hathaway have been photographed wearing her designs!

Some of my favorite pieces below:

Green Mystic Topaz Necklace and Wood Sets Coin Pearl Bracelet


Fresh Water Pearl Clover Ring and Katie Peace Necklace


Hamsah and Mop Necklace and Cancer Charm Necklace

Photo credits: Hautelook

Alanna Bess
www.alannabess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment