Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cloth Hawaii

I was sort of bad this weekend... And did some shopping! Oopsies. I have two great excuses to justify my behavior:
1) I haven't shopped in a long, long time... It's been about two months which is stellar for me considering I do have a bit of a problem. With any nasty habit, once you try to quit it's suggested that you ease into it... You can't just go cold turkey! Heck if I waited three months to shop, it's very likely that I may crumble, go crazy and charge $2,000+ on those new Balmains! ;) Haha, kidding... KINDA.

2) More importantly, I filed my tax return last week all by myself without the help of H & R Block (Thank you TurboTax). Finance and/or taxes is not a strength of mine so I should be rewarded for my efforts!

It all started on Friday, when I took a highly anticipated trip to Cloth Hawaii. I've read about it in Lei Chic and a friend had told me about a new store opening a couple months back. Thank goodness I finally got around to stopping in because what a cute boutique this is!

Cloth Hawaii is vintage store. All of the pieces are personally selected by owner, Micah Iaukea, who is just as sweet as the decor of the store itself... I loved the antique white washed furniture, aprons hanging from a wooden stand, beautiful vintage earrings tacked against the wall and large glass windows! So fresh and inviting! Not to mention the Motown oldies playing in the background. I grazed through the color-coded racks (another plus) and noticed how diverse the pieces were... A velvet sweetheart strapless dress, multi-colored crochet top, flower child dresses and vintage tees for men. I settled on a black, raw-silk high waisted skirt and a navy blazer with white trim and gold buttons. Everything is one-of-a-kind and reasonably priced for vintage items. New merchandise is brought out every Friday and I'll definitely be back soon! Don't forget to mention Lei Chic for an additional 25% through April 10!

Cloth Hawaii
909 Kapiolani Blvd. (at Ward)

Next up: Spotlight on Indah @ the Pearl Hawaii Sample Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment